We should travel in 10-16 weeks. That isn't very long is it? We are actually estimating mid-June to mid-July. I have spent the day trying to figure out how to get proper immunizations (harder than it sounds unless you want to pay out of pocket for them) and other travel related concerns. I have also spent the day contemplating how it is I allowed myself to gain back a huge part of the weight I lost.
For those who know me personally, you know I lost 100 lbs. I have gained back the majority of it. And I am physically miserable. So this post is an accountability tactic. I have reactivated my fitbit. I have reactivated my calorie counter. I am committing to losing a minimum of 40lbs by travel time.
I know how much better life is when you are healthy and active. I am reclaiming my days. Feel free to keep me honest and going. It won't be easy for awhile!
10-16 weeks! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat immunizations did you decide to get?
Wishing you the best with your weight loss. :) I am going to start building my upper body strength soon, so I can carry around a 4, 5, or 6 year old! :) I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Ami,
DeleteWe are going to get Hep A, Hep B, and Yellow Fever. I finally found a way to get them done locally AND have my insurance cover it (thank goodness). CDC strongly recommends those and also recommends Typhoid Fever. I am undecided about that one given it is bacterial and treatable by common antibiotics. Yellow Fever, however, is viral and a nasty bug and of course Hep is bad news.
Good luck with your strength training. I am so mad at myself for getting back to this point. So frustrating. Fixable but frustrating.
Thanks so much for your reply. :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys as you finish your journey to your girls!