Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Changes are coming!

Labor day weekend was amazing.  It was so nice to just be home with Brian and the boys.  So nice to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie without anywhere we needed to go our anything we had to do.  So, I am sitting on the couch with Isaiah tucked up against me on one side and Caleb tucked up against me on the other when it crosses my mind that life is about to change.  Not a little change either.  We are about to go back to having young children in the house.  We are about to have GIRLS.  We are about to have to care for babies who not only don't know us, but who are likely to be grieving for the people and lives they left behind.  We are talking about the distinct probablity of raising children with special needs.  Of course our daughters will eventually love us, be a part of our family in the truest sense, in every sense, but at first we will be strangers.  Our lives will be different and so will theirs.  This truth is scary stuff if I am honest with myself.  Psalms 56:3-4 says "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.  I praise God for what he has promised.  I trust God, so why should I be afraid?"  James 1:27 says "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans....".  So, I won't be afraid.  I hear God's call.  We have SO much love to give.  I trust in the Lord that all of the changes, big and small, will be blessings for all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment