Monday, March 25, 2013

How to be part of the village....

This blog post is really just a link to another adoptive momma's blog post.

You see, Friends and Family, adoption is TOUGH!
Waiting, paperwork, spiritual warfare, more paperwork, more waiting..... 

And then it's finally here.  I have read so many comments from so many mom's about the challenges when you come home.  Honestly, it's scary.  It's overwhelming. 

So..... This won't be the only way I share this wonderful lady's wise words.  I will print this out for some who don't do the internet thing much.  I will email it to groups of friends.  I will share this in the hopes of reaching everyone in our lives before we come home with our girls.  Because we need you!  Yes, really.  We do.  And so does every adoptive parent you know or will know later.  So take a few minutes, I promise it's insightful... and funny... and oh so very very true.

http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2011/11/02/how-to-be-the-village

BTW....  You can ask me ANYTHING.  I will answer honestly any question you have.  If it's too personal, I will let you know.  Do not be silent.  And when we come home, do not be absent.  This isn't a fast transition, so don't bail if it takes awhile... like 6, 8, 10, 12 + months before we get back to "normal".  Just because we have to make some changes while our new littles adjust, doesn't mean we have changed how we feel about you... or how much we want you in our lives.

It takes a village to raise a child.  This is how you can be a part of our village. 

Blessings,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment