Friday, July 5, 2013

Huge progress today! WOOHOO!!!

Big day today!

I have worked all week to get the crazy stack of documents and such completed knowing that when our translated referral arrived I could ship it out assuming everything was done.  We expected the referral last Monday, but the translator was on vacation and so it was a few extra days. 

Last night we packaged up their care packages.  Teddy bears, little girl bead necklaces, cute pink hats with hearts.  A journal for "Y" and a coloring book for "L".  A recordable book for them so they will recognize our voices.  A photo book of our family, home, pets.  I made sure all the forms were signed, everything in duplicate, one for each child.  This morning I left for Owensboro to mail the care package and about Calhoun my phone dinged a new email.  I  had Caleb check it, and sure enough, the translated referral!!!

So we ran to Owensboro and mailed the care package.  Then home to grab the rest of the documents.  Picked up Trent from his mission trip, and off to Staples to mail the I800.  WOOHOO!!! 

What does that mean? 
First, it means I can relax a bit more this weekend.... well, except the never ending list of stuff we have to get done in a month. :)  No complaints.  I am READY!!!

Second, it means we are oh so very close.  Currently the I800 approval is taking about 2 weeks.  Perhaps a bit more, perhaps a bit less, but should be very close.  Then we have about 2-3 weeks till take off.  Count that my friends.  4-5 weeks and we will be in the air!  Should time out about perfectly.  We should be able to get with the boys teachers to work out how to manage this crazy school thing, and then off we will go, to meet our new daughters.  Am I nervous about living in South America for up to 2 months?  YES!  Am I excited? YES!!!!!!

Our envelope fundraiser is so fun, and we appreciate all the love and support.  Want to have a 1 in 100 chance to earn a free I-pad mini?  Just choose and envelope, donate that amount, and you will be entered.  AND you will get us that much closer to being ready to go.
www.dogwoodcove.com/adopt

No comments:

Post a Comment