Monday, September 9, 2013

Catch up....

It's crazy how hard it is to stay caught up here.  After all, there are no errands, cooking, cleaning.  One would think I would have lots of "free time", but it sure doesn't feel that way.  At home you may catch up on paperwork while the kids play outside.  Or maybe you will chat with family on the phone while the kids watch a movie.  Here, in one room, where there are other families to consider and other circumstances spilling over, you tend to just BREATH during the rare moment of quiet.

Since arriving in Bogota we have done a couple of fun things.  We went to Mt. Monserrate before Brian and the boys left.  A tram ride up the mountain which everyone thought was pretty cool.  At the top a walking trail that had statues depicting the stations of the cross.  It was absolutely, breathtakingly, beautiful.  At the very top of the mountain a church.  A beautiful church beckoning you to pray.  If you follow the path around the church there are some touristy type shops.  The kids thought that was too fun. 







We also took all 5 kids to the children's museum.  Really fun for them.  Even my older kiddos enjoyed it immensely.  We only had two days here as a family before the guys left.  So glad we were able to have some fun and end their trip on a high note.  Goodness knows the few days before had been tough.








When the guys left it spun my girls for a loop.  Our integration hadn't exactly been stable.  Villa de Leyva... we are going to Duitama... .no we aren't... we are going to Bogota... no we aren't.... we are leaving on the trucks... cold and hard... here finally and then Dad and brothers are gone.....  Poor babies.

The Sunday after they left we attended a local English speaking church.  I was able to ask a lady there to help me talk with "T" about what she was feeling.  Tiny step forward.  Then last Tuesday was the trip to Duitama.  As I already mentioned, it was HORRIBLE for the girls.  Going back.  "L" was so insecure.  "Mama, mia mama, mia mama....".  "T" was homesick.  She was sad before going.  She missed the guys.  She has struggled connecting to me.  There have been so many "moms" in her 10 yrs.  None have stayed.  Why would I?  It was a hard, HARD day.  I forgot to mention Friday and Monday they had also gone to the Dr.  Immunizations which required being held down... UGGGG...  Wednesday morning another Dr. appt followed by a couple hours of a seriously grieving child.  So hard for these sweet little souls.

Mom got here the day we arrived in Bogota so I had her help when Brian left.   Due to the struggles we were having, she opted to go and help pick up our bags now that the roads were open.  She was able to see Villa de Leyva and Raquira.  My heart smiles just thinking about there.  It was good because that day (Thursday), after a bit of a rough start, "T" finally started opening up.  I have seen small steps every day since then.  It's such a blessing.  I know that many on the outside do not understand, but the healing that is required, the obstacles that much be overcome, this is God's work.

Mom left Saturday.  I miss the support.  The people here are great, but it's tough not having someone to share the good and the bad with.  So glad she was here during that time of hard days.  We have only had one huge step back since Thursday.  It was a doozy, but recovery was fast and smiles were ready.  I see improvement even in that.   It's the small victories.

Yesterday we went to church.  The girls attended the children's service.  Pray for their little hearts.  They have never been before and "T" struggles with it.  "L" is just happy... nearly all the time, her adjustment has been fast and sure.  But I am watching God work for "T" moment by moment, miracle by miracle.  Such a sweet wonderful girl.  We are on our way.  After church and lunch we went to the local Sunday "Flea Market" which is actually a giant artisan market.  AWESOME!  Now that I have the stroller for "L", we spent hours out there looking.  Not one fussy moment, not one breakdown, not one overload.  It was a fantastic day. 

At the end of the day "T" asked me why when I said it was a happy day.  I told her it was because we had waited years to have them and it was a special day knowing they were happy, and that she was happy spending the day with me.  She responded saying "I am happy to have a good mom and dad and new smart brothers.  Thank you for creating a family for us, and I thank God for my new family."   Wow... seriously.... wow.   Happy moment for Mommy.

I am sure we have many steps forward and many steps back ahead.  For today I am just praying that I praise God for the victories and am patient in the pain... and that we get home quickly.  Emotionally we need it... .financially we need it.... Pray with us.

Love to all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment