We arrived in Colombia on August 9th.
We were told to expect up to 6 weeks in country though hopefully more along the lines of 4-5 because our daughters are from a rural department.
Unfortunately, as you all know, the political strike hit our area and we were trapped in the mountains in rural Boyacá for about 2 extra weeks before being evacuated by military convoy. We LOVED our time in Villa de Leyva. Loved the scenery, the bonding time, the people we met.... however, it meant we were unable to take any steps toward coming home.
Integration was supposed to take place on August 21st, followed immediately by us being submitted to court. Because of the crazy circumstances here, it didn't take place till September 3rd. Two lost weeks. When we FINALLY had integration and our papers were submitted numerous people told us to expect 2 weeks till Sentencia, the signing which allows us to start moving toward home. Yesterday was 2 weeks. The news we got, instead of Sentencia, was that the court was requesting an additional document and had done NOTHING on our case for the past two weeks. I don't pretend to understand this. It makes no sense to me. However, it is out of our hands. The information we are now being given is that, God willing, we will have Sentencia on Sept 30 or Oct 1. After that it takes approximately a week assuming no snags to get home.
When you add all of that up, our time here is going to surpass 8 weeks, probably 9.
I am trying to see the good. Time to bond with the girls. Time to work through some challenges we have been facing that I know would be hard on the boys. I know that despite the tears, my boys are with Brian who is AMAZING. I know he has the help of my parents and of his parents (we are so blessed). My uncle is coming to stay for a bit which is like air when I am suffocating with the homesickness here. I have made some good friends here who are a gift from God I am certain.
BUT......
It is SO hard....
AND.....
It is so expensive. Not only are we passing the "maximum time in country" mark by 2+ weeks at least, but when they evacuated us from Villa de Leyva we lost half of the money we had paid to rent the house. And then had to pay twice as much for the place here. Bogota is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. Had I known we would be here this long, I could've taken the girls back to Villa de Leyva after the strike ended. But I was advised not to.... because I wouldn't be here that much longer and if things got ugly again..... UGGGGGG!!!!!
I know most of you reading my blog have helped in some way or are working through your own adoption crazy. We are so blessed and encouraged by your love and support. We could not be here doing this, answering the call put before us, without you.
We are getting to the point of "what now"? If you feel led, could you please share our story? I hate to ask.. again... but share our blog. Share our info. And please PRAY. That the paperwork MOVES at lightening speed. That we all get through the days apart with a peace that is hard to hold onto. That my girls, especially T, continues to move toward me and lets go of the pain and hurt of her past. For these two little girls to feel the presence of God for the first time in their young lives. For my boys to not resent this time apart. And for financial blessings.
If you feel led to donate... or if you feel led to share our donation page....
you can donate through our page at www.dogwoodcove.com/adopt
I will be sharing more about our time here soon, but today this was more important. Getting home is kindof a big deal LOL....
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment