A lot has happened in the past few weeks. I mentioned in my last post that there was some question as to how they were actually going to process our application in Colombia.We had originally been told that our application would be processed as a special needs application, however, now that is not the case. This was HARD news to take because it can possibly mean a very long wait. After two conversations with our agency, some words of strength from a friend who has been through this process, and a lot of prayers, I am now waiting once again to see where this winding road takes us. What we do know, is that no matter which path we take, it will end with bringing our children home!! Our hope is that our agency can match us through one of the private houses (orphanages). Since we are so open to numerous needs, ages, and race or mixed race, they tell us this is quite possible. The words "God's Time" are becoming a mantra in my head whenever I start to get overwhelmed waiting for the next tidbit of news. It helps... a little.
So today is New Years Day 2013. This past year has been full of blessings and growth. As we prepare for the coming year, I contemplate "resolutions". Here is what Brian and I have come up with. We resolve to do our best to prepare ourselves in body, mind, and spirit, for what God has planned for us. As we think about everything that means, it really encompasses everything we would want to improve and gives us a God inspired reason to accomplish it. My second resolution is to experience true JOY every day. Happiness is fleeting. In each moment of every day we cannot possibly always be happy. However, we can be JOYFUL. I will work diligently to always find my JOY. Watch out 2013!! :)
We have had an amazing Christmas holiday. We have spent nearly 2 weeks at home together. We have spent some time with friends and family, but mostly we spent time at home playing games, snuggling on the sofa, and taking joy in each moment. Tomorrow we step back into the real world. We continue to raise funds for our next step. We will be having a yard sale in the spring so DO NOT throw out your unwanted stuff lol. Holler at me and I will be glad to store it until then. Also, if ANYONE is willing to do a lia sophia party (in person or catalog) I would be ever so grateful. We have a goal to meet and I know we can do it! If you would like to help you can of course email me at shan@dogwoodcove.com or to donate go to www.dogwoodcove.com/adopt
I hope your Christmas season was as blessed as ours. Please keep praying for our family and the children waiting to join us.
<3 Shannon
No comments:
Post a Comment