Monday, October 15, 2012

God's timing

Friday Brian and I drove to Nashville for our biometrics appointment.  It's the last of the paperwork.  They were very nice, and the whole thing took less than 10 minutes.  On the way home we talked about God's timing, and how we have to find peace that it sometimes differs from our own.  That is REALLY hard for me. 

Back in the winter/spring when we were discussing how to move forward, we tried to approach everything logically.  We looked at every program, prayed over each option, and thought through each detail.  Then in June I talked to our agency for the first time.  We had already been working hard at fundraising, and we felt absolutely certain that the timing was right.  It was such an easy decision whereas for months every choice had been frought with uncertainly. 

The whole paperwork process has gone incredibly smoothly.  Our home study went without a hitch.  Every document was easy to obtain and turnaround at every step was faster than we were advised it would be.   Was God pushing us forward because our girls were ready?  It sure has felt that way.

This past weekend we had our second yard sale.  We have divided the needed funds into 3000 $10 increments.  We made 64 of our 3000... that's $640 closer. 

Now, I sit here at the computer searching for more grants applications/loan options/fundraising ideas and I wonder about God's timing.  Brian and I agreed that we would do everything we possibly can, and then leave it to God to fill the gap.  There are <3 weeks left before the next hurdle.  It's so hard, sometimes unbearable, to think we won't be ready then, that our paperwork will sit in Colombia waiting.  THAT OUR CHILDREN WILL SIT IN COLOMBIA WAITING.  Through this whole process thus far we have been working, pushing, trying to beat the clock.  We have prayed for intercession, but we have held a part in our success.  As the time grows short, I know that my ability to solve this "in time" is nearly impossible.  It will take a miracle. 

So today I am praying for peace in the knowledge that God set us on this path.  That He is very capable of the miracle that we need.  And that His timing will be perfect. 

If you want to be a part of our journey and help bring our girls home, please go to
www.dogwoodcove.com/adopt

And PLEASE pray with us.  :)

Blessings,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment