Thursday, October 11, 2012

Panic time!

We have been counting down for a couple months now knowing that this was the moment to dread.  About three weeks ago I was sitting on my front porch praying and asking God how in the world we were going to make this next payment.  It was then that 3000 for ONE came to my mind.  If 3000 people donate $10 then our girls come home without spending an extra day without a family.....

Imagine it.  Somewhere.. out there... two little girls are most likely waiting.  They could be cold, hungry, afraid.  Or perhaps they are just in a situation where their caregivers can't possibly give them all the love a child needs.  When you tuck your children in bed at night, what is your routine.  Here is ours...

The older boys get in bed on their own.  Isaiah needs a little encouragement.  I go to Caleb's room.  He is a hugger.  He wraps me in a tight hug, plays with my hair, and asks me what we are going to do tomorrow.  His hugs last several seconds, sometimes a couple minutes, squeezing tight.  I tell him I love him, ruffle his hair, and turn out his light.  Then to Trent's room.  He's getting to be a big kid, but still he likes being tucked in.  He is usually chatty at bedtime, so we talk for a couple minutes.  Sometimes it's just chitchat, some days he uses this time to bring up the "important stuff" like girls or school or someone who has hurt his feelings.  I hug him goodnight and say "I love you".  He says "I love you more" and I answer "I love you most".  This is our little thing.  Then on to Isaiah's room.  He requires snuggles before bed so I lay down and we hug for a minute.  Then, as usual, he starts talking.  He would talk to the wall if no one was there to listen :)  He chatters on, all the while giving hugs and the occasional kiss.  Sometimes we read a story, sometimes we sing a couple songs, bedtime comes after a few minutes of this precious one on one time with my youngest son.  Then it's goodnight and I love you as the lights go off....

Sounds familiar to most parents I am sure.  Many variations of the same, but you get the picture. 

This is NOT how it is for every child.  I KNOW that somewhere our daughters are waiting and at best they are not getting the love and attention every child deserves.  At worst?  It could be much much worse. 

This is why the idea that they will continue to wait because the money just isn't there is breaking my heart today.  This is why I am sitting here crying and begging God to intercede on their behalf.  So if you read our posts or emails please understand why the desperation.  It will take 1100 people donating $10 over the next three weeks so that our girls don't have to wait extra days.  We will continue to work and to pray and to do anything/everything we can.... and today I will cry because right now they are waiting.

If you would like to read more about 3000 for ONE or would like to help bring our daughters home, please go to the link below.

www.dogwoodcove.com/adopt

God bless you and hug your children tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment