This has been a long week. As I was thinking through it all this morning, I realized I have not taken the time to just be grateful very often the past few days. And so this morning, I am going to share with you a few of the things I am thankful for. I hope it inspires you to take note of the good in your own lives as well....
I am thankful for my husband who goes to work every day so that I can be the best mom I can for our boys. Who comes home every afternoon willing to help and talk and spend real time with our family both is mind and in spirit. Who is my best friend and partner in everything I do.
I am thankful for my three sons. For their giggles and smiles. For their hugs, kisses, and snuggles. For their ability to make me see the world for all it's potential even when my adult cynical nature would have me see the worst. I am thankful for every conversation, every thought shared, every moment of pure joy they bring to my life. I'm even grateful for the not so perfect moments :P
I am thankful for my family. We are blessed to have so many people who share our lives, both daily and less frequently, who we know would be there at a moment's notice if need be. I am thankful for breakfast with my amazing mother in law on Tuesday. I am thankful for the walk my dad and I took together Wednesday. For the phone call from my sister, the laughter from my conversation this morning with my Uncle John. I am thankful for all of the love and selflessness every day.
I am thankful for my friends. There are so many who have helped us already on this journey in so many small (and not so small ) ways. I am thankful for a community of Christian friends that I can lean on when it gets hard. I am thankful for being able to send a text and get an immediate "I am here". I am thankful for shared ideas, fun get togethers, and phone calls with those far away. I am thankful for friends who have been a part of our lives forever it seems, and others we have only just met.
I am thankful for our health. My children are healthy as are we and I am so very grateful.
I am thankful for coffee because it is very cold and damp this morning.
I am thankful for good books.
I am thankful for Brian's job and our home.
I am thankful for freedom and those who fight for it. I am thankful for my right to vote. I am thankful for the priveledge of living in these great United States.
I am thankful that eventually, when we reach the end of our adoption journey, we will have the joy to welcome two more beautiful, unique, amazing children into our home. And I am grateful that God has granted me the passion to be a mother, both through children who have grown in my belly, and children who have grown in my heart.
Most importantly, I am grateful to be a child of God. I am thankful for grace, for forgiveness, and for the certainty of salvation.
I could think of a million other things I am thankful for, as I am sure we all can. I am going to work harder at not getting caught up in the day to day worries, but instead to focus on the gifts of my life. I will continue to pray for God's divine intercession so that we can bring our girls home, but I will spend a bit more time on thanksgiving as well.
Blessings all!
www.dogwoodcove.com/adopt
No comments:
Post a Comment